Followers

Monday, November 2, 2015

A hanging bauble- shaker

Good morning friends, happy Monday from Asia. I am posting after few days, was really out of swing, my mojo was playing hide and seek with me..but was happy to see myself as a winner at AAA cards yesterday, and a couple of random wins for the stamp releases came my way, which made my Sunday and Monday a happy one.

A couple of challenges are asking for Christmas cards, and I thought of combining a few challenges to make this card. The idea came to me when I was about to sleep yesterday night, and I played along with the idea in my head. I sat down to watch some TV while doing some coloring this morning, then I remembered that I will go to my son's Football match later today, so sat down to execute this card, after some lunch preparations. If you don't know, hubby dear comes home for lunch everyday from work, except the days I am doing substitute teaching, we have been eating together for years now.

Ok, anyways now to my card, this card really took a long time to make. I started off with cutting the circle first, and then made the shaker part. I used some pink foil paper to do this, since I made a bauble. I had to attach a silver string to the shaker part, as it is a hanging shaker, I tied a mini bow as well to complete the bauble look. Then I used my new snowflakes stamps from the Kaisercraft, which I picked up almost 3 weeks back and didn't use till today. I used the Hero Arts - purple neon ink to stamp the mini snowflakes, and the big ones are heat embossed with silver powder. I realized that I didn't leave any place for the sentiment, so had to stamp it on the snowflakes. Lastly attached the shaker to the card.
NOw clicking pictures was a BIG challenge, as the hanging shaker won't listen to me, and I had to click the way it is hanging, tried moving around, but not very happy with the pictures. Hope the pictures are not too bad, and you guys can see the efforts, and all the important elements well.




 A closer look at the embossed snowflake.

A closer look at the shaker bauble.

Linking this card with:

4 Crafty Chicks
Anything Goes

Challenge up your life
Shaker cards

Virginia's View Challenge
Going with a simple embossed texture this time, will surely add a mixed media entry soon.

TIME OUT Challenge
Going with the twist.
Christmas with the optional twist of "use pink and/or purple"

House of Cards
I am not sure if this card fits, I think it fits as a window is cut out, do let me know - thanks.

Thank you for stopping by, I really appreciate your kind  feedback :) Have a great day!

11 comments:

  1. It was well worth the time you spent on this Rahmat. It is fabulous. The colour design is fabulous and to make it a shaker is inspired and so much fun. Thanks for joining TO

    ReplyDelete
  2. So good to see your entry, Rahmat! the foil bauble is lovely and I love the festive CAS design! Thanks so much for playing Virginia’s View “All About Textures”! Hope to see your lovely work soon again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is AWESOME! I LOVE the shine, the colors, and the fun and unique design! Thank you for joining us at House of Cards! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Rahmat! I love the colors and your beautiful embossed snowflakes! Thanks so much for joining us at House of Cards!
    Tammy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love shaker cards and this one turned out so elegant and perfectly Christmasy even though non traditional colors were used. Very modern and trendy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful! you've combined so many lovely techniques, i love them all. the pink and white is so pretty and i love the shaker! thank you so much for playing along with us at house of cards!
    linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. You know, I thought our challenge would suit a shaker style card too! Thanks for joining us at HOC this month, your card is so pretty, Jo x HOC/DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rahmat, this is such a cool idea and I totally understand what you mean about trying to photograph it. Shaker cards are hard enough to photograph but having it hanging is so hard. Its such a cool design and I love the colours you used. Might have to try this myself, you've got me curious as to how it works. Thank you so much for sharing it with us at TIME OUT!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I never made shaker card..
    and your shaker card is lovely
    I love that cute in the middle and lovely color combo
    great embossing of the snowflakes Rahmat
    you really good this time with christmas card
    saya Moslem saya juga buat christmas card tetapi tidak banyak hehe :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it! Such a gorgeous use of stamps and modern colour it's gorgeous as it is! Then you twisted the technique a little to create a gorgeous and stylish shaker card: absolutely drop dead gorgeous. Thank you so much for entering our November Challenge. I hope we see you again for the December challenge Karen P (DT House of Cards)

    ReplyDelete