Followers

Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Heater to the resue ;)

Hi Friends, I was finally able to step foot in my crafting room yesterday and today. As you all know about the cold spell which left the world paralyzed, it has a great impact here in Macau too. The temperatures dip to the lowest in last 60 years, with the real feel in minus. I told you that the houses here are not equipped with central heating. Last week we bought one heater for my daughter, but ended up buying 2 more yesterday evening. So all the important bedrooms has one heater, we managed a good night sleep, even with heater, the morning was bit chilly, but not as bad as the other days.
I am sitting with the heater again, and I decided to blog from my craft room today. I usually sit in my living room with my laptop. But there is no way I can heat up that humongous room even with all 3 heaters ;)
Anyways, I am happy that I managed a way to craft. I am sharing 2 cards.
The first one was made yesterday afternoon. It is a one layer card. I always wanted to try the reflection of silhouettes to make this card. But guess what? - I didn't had the right stamps I wanted to use for this card, so I ended up drawing the silhouettes. I was aiming for a guitar with my drawing, it looks like one to me. I hope you can see it too.
I first  masked a tiny circle and sponged some orange ink around, and then with a very light hand sponged the sun using yellow ink. Then I hand drew a guitar, and fuzzy cut it, and used the negative as my guide for drawing the images and the reflections as well.

The sentiment is from 2 different brands. "friend" is from Wplus9and the sentence is from woodware crafts. It is a pretty simple card, and I hope my drawing has not messed up the look of it.


Linking this with:

Less is More
I hope hand drawn silhouettes will qualify here.
 SILHOUETTE
------------------------------------------------------

The second one up is made using some craft paper, I really don't know the name...maybe you guys can help me out with the name. It has ridges, and it is super light. I used my zig-zag scissors to trim it and added the stripes. Masked and sponged the circle using Pale Ochre ink, and added a an anchor die cut to the focal point. The sentiment is fro Avery Elle - handwritten noted.


Linking this with:

Just Us Girls
was inspired by the colors and images in here

Inkspirational
I am using Challenge #59, 
which says blue with white or cream.

Just for fun, leaving you with a picture of my current crafting with a heater, as you can see the big window isn't insulated, so it makes the room pretty cold. I love the fact that it is bit bright today, as we have heavy rains in the forecast for next 10days!!


Thank you for stopping by, I really appreciate your kind  feedback :) Have a great day!

8 comments:

  1. Very pretty effect at the bottom. Love how you were inspired by the photo. Thanks for playing along with us this week at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish my desk looked THAT tidy. Love how you made your chevrons and how you added your circle around that lovely anchor. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Just Us Girls.
    PS You did an amazing job of your silhouette card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab makes, I particularly like your LIM silhouette card which IMHO looks like a guitar!!!

    Stay warm!

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh you are so good! :) I love the doodling on your top card and I'm swooning over your anchor design!! That looks amazing!! So glad you are able to keep as warm as possible and hopefully you have some nice fuzzy warm socks too! :) Stay warm my friend! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! You have such talent Rahmat! Hand-drawn?!?!?!?!?
    Fabulous, CAS and perfect! thanks so much for playing along this week!
    Sarah xx
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh goodness....hope you manage to stay warm! We also have a small space heater and my family thinks we are nuts because we live in Florida...don't laugh...:) It does get a bit chilly from time to time. Anyways, Love both of your cards Rahmat! The anchor card is fabulous with that light sponged sun! Super super job with our challenge at JUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic nautical card Rahmat! Good to hear you all made it through the harsh winter storm.
    Thank you so much for joining us for our 100th challenge at INK.
    Pia xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry to be so late visiting you, what a super hand drawn silhouette Rahmat!
    Thanks so much for joining us
    Anne
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete