Followers

Thursday, February 25, 2016

A dash of distress - ink, paper, and emotion

My second post, another quick share, I made this card using the partial die cut technique. I had a white die cut houses cut, but then I wanted to do a sunset in the background. It didn't make sense to have white buildings in front of a sunset, so used a textured black stock for the die cut.
I sponged a sun on the base card using distressed inks spiced pumpkins, and marmalade. I also sponged the card with a super light hand, to get just enough color.
Then I sponged the black card with white pigment ink, followed by orange and red inks to distress it, and give that orangish light from the sun. I am glad it is visible very well on the black card.
The sentiment is from Avery Elle - handwritten notes.

Few orange sequins to finish off.

I am adding 2 pictures, as I couldn't choose in between the photo props....I know I should be focusing on the cards but not the props, but can't help it..



Linking this with

CASology
I have interpreted the cue in 3 ways- using distress inks, distressing the card, and missing someone is a bit of distressed emotion, in my opinion. kept it monochromatic mostly, with a pop of color.

Addicted to CAS
I am going with the houses silhouette and missing home as my interpretations here.

AAA cards
Thought of adding my 3 sequins used here!

The Male Room
Another entry here

TIME OUT Challenge
Yet another entry here

Inkspirational
Going with a pop of orange

Thank you for stopping by, I really appreciate your kind  feedback :) Have a great day!

20 comments:

  1. Wonderful card, Rahmat! I don't see why you shouldn't have two snaps here - the props are such beautiful accents! I guess I favor the first image more, though..
    And coming back - I love the minimalistic scenery - its a wonderful scene to imagine in a city! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is fabulous, I love the sun behind the row of houses and the clean layout of this card! Great job! Thanks for taking TIME OUT and joining us... And by the way, check out our winners post! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the limited colours, great effect and very striking card x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card, Rahmat! I love how you sponged the buildings to reflect the sun rising in the background...Very clever! Lovely props, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I'm so sorry, I meant to add ~ Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at Addicted to CAS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely love this Rahmat. I adore how you sponged the black card for the reflection of the sun, such perfect attention to detail. Thanks for joining TO

    ReplyDelete
  7. Forgot to say, thanks for joining Ink!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the colours in your card. The silhouette of the city is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning, fabulous, AWESOME, inspirational Rahmat and thanks for playing along at AAA Cards and ATCAS with it this week. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh this is amazing, dramatic and beautifully CAS such a fabulous card.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your image of the sun, rising over the city scape, is very striking...the dawn of a new day about to unfold! Dramatic and dazzling! How lucky I am to be back to say: Thank you for sharing your abundant creativity in the Inkspirational gallery!
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome card! Love the glow on the buildings. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is gorgeous, Rahmat! I love the added touch of the colour sponged onto the buildings. Brilliant! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so fantastic Rahmat!! Absolutely love the buildings in black with that yellow sun peaking thru. Such a fabulous CAS design, so glad you shared it with us at TIME OUT!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stunning city landscape, Rahmat! The sun picking through - clever. Thank you for joining us at ATCAS.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Rahman, I was WOWed by your card! I love the setting sun behind the silhouette buildings, but I especially love the distress ink on the buildings...that is how it really looks as the sun sets! Amazing! LOVE this!! Thanks for joining us at CASology this week...great ways to interpret the DISTRESS cue!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Rahmat I think this is one of my favourite cards you've done. It's awesome and I love the way the sequins are used to highlight the sunset. Thanks for sharing at AAA cards.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow this is such a great piece of art, love it. Thanks for joining us over at ATCAS.

    ReplyDelete