Followers

Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Finally a breakthrough

Hello blogger friends, I am finally up with a card to share. Off lately I had no crafting mojo, I didn't step foot in my craft room for about a week, for some reason there was no interest or motivation. Even the challenges were not able to inspire me to create anything.
The weather has been pretty bad, and no sun for many days in a stretch is not really a good thing for me, I am a solar powered soul, I need to see sunshine every now and then at least!! I had been cooking a lot with the weather being so cold, so I am guessing the brain decided to shift to the kitchen ...lol...
Anyways, I forced myself yesterday in my craft room, and this is what I created.
The graphic from AAA cards was sitting in my head, I love the necklace with the heart pendant. So you an say this was one of my inspiration, and the second one was Michelle's song challenge at MUSE.

I used all whites here for the base and front, and I needed something more than stamping to sit through the crafting process, so ended up doing sewing. I stitched the beads, as it takes great concentration to do this ;)
I doodled the string and then pierced the holes and added the beads, and a heart pendant....Oops, I should have mentioned that the sentiment is computer generated, even though I have many stamps for 'Love" but not size I wanted. So ended up printing it. Used foam adhesive to add the front panel, a super simple looking card, was an easy one to make as well, took me about 20 mins to put together.

Now on the song, I have only the first two words on the front, and the rest 4 words on the inside, it is the same song song I chose last year as well. If you have a teenager in the household, you would have heard it, it was very popular 2-3 years back, the singer is Selena Gomez. If you know it leave a comment.
I couldn't guess Michelle's song, now I know it, after reading other fellow crafter's posts, but I really don't know the song. I am a multi linguist, even when it comes to music, my playlist consists of 4 languages, predominantly Hindi, English, Telugu and Korean. If it was a Hindi song, I would have guessed it right away ;)


After fiddling between transparent beads and white beads, I ended up using the white ones.
 A closer look


Linking this with:

AAA Cards
 A simple CAS entry inspired by the graphic here.

Muse
I love the song challenge here

Inkspirational 
 I was inspired by the neutral colors and love theme

Uniko Studio
 Another entry here with the twist

Love To Scrap! Challenge
 A simple card with a tiny heart
Have A Heart!

Thank you for stopping by, I really appreciate your kind  feedback :) Have a great day!

31 comments:

  1. Oh God ! This is splendid. How creative of you Rahmat, to come up with something like this. :) ...I can understand the loss of mojo, but your seems to be back with a bang . Hats of to your patience. ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect CAS Rahmat! Love the way you use different techniques! :)
    Suchi xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You certainly got your mojo back Rahmat. This is so very creative. Fabulous stitching. Thanks for joining Ink x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love.. love.. love..
    Love your card very much.
    Hope you can also join our challenge here :
    http://mycraftingstories.blogspot.co.id/2016/02/challenge-2-anything-goes-dt-call.html

    Hugs,
    Merlina
    My Crafting Stories

    ReplyDelete
  5. Clever you what a stunning card, looks like the creative juices are flowing now. I love it.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card is stunning,Rahmat,and you're really get back in a track,perfect CAS card and design is amazing...GO,GO girl...your mojo is back...XX Ċ½eljka

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh Rahmat, your string of pearls is stunning, what a gorgeous, elegant card, the little heart charm is so lovely dangling at the end.
    Now, about your song.....I'm sorry, I have no idea what it is, I don't have any more teen children living with us, only two of my grandkids are teens but I really don't listen to their music, except when they are in my car after I pick them up from the pool or gym.
    The only song that came to my mind was "String of Pearls" by Glenn Miller and I'm sure that is NOT even close, (that just goes to show you how old I am, LOL!!)
    Thank you for participating in this challenge and for sharing your beautiful card.
    Hugs,
    Maria Rodriguez.

    ReplyDelete
  8. RAhmat, your beading skills amaze me! It must be Neenah 110# stock to hold up to it, right? Gorgeous card, wonderful inspiration ... actually I thought about the same song as Maria! LOve that you've played along again this year! xxx
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful, Rahmat! I love the authenticity of the necklace, while it's still an inherent element of the card! So clever! Glad you joined us at Muse this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ha! This must be a winner! Stunning as always. *Swoon*

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW! An absolutely Stunning card!
    I can't guess your song. Ha Ha, we both had the same idea of putting the rest of the words inside the card.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well, I think your mojo is back ALL THE WAY, Rahmat! What a clever take on the challenge, and such a beautiful card! Love, love, love the beads, and how you extended your theme in your photo prop! Bravo, girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW! That's just so clever and classy Rahmat. What a unique idea and works brilliantly. Great to see you play at AAA Cards and Uniko with it. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  14. stylish and simple design for a beautiful card. Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational Challenges. Come back next time! Marina

    ReplyDelete
  15. I thought I already left you a comment for this beauty, but I guess I did't. Well I came back to see what song you had chosen and you are not telling us. I did not tell mine -didn't even choose a song. I feel culturally challenged when it comes to things like that. Don't worry, you are not the only one who has no idea about Michele's song. I could have cheated and read other people's entries, but I did not want to do that....

    ReplyDelete
  16. My gosh your card is so fabulous, a real beauty. It just stands out in the gallery.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Real thinking outside of the box! Great card x Lindsey Uniko DT

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh your stitched string of pearls is fabulous, Rahmat ... I guessed that was the title of your song (Glenn Miller Band) ... oops ... didn't get that one! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. First I can't believe you made this card in 20 mins...wow! The simplicity is wonderful! The white beads so perfect. And your handwriting is stellar...I could never free hand something! Again Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Rahmat, I completely understand the missing mojo; sometimes it takes a shift in perspective (and some time away) to rekindkle it! Your card, with the beautiful beading and single red heart, sure has an impact! A powerful love card in every way! Thank you for sharing this gem in the Inkspirational gallery!
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete
  21. Just beautiful! Love, love, love the stitching and the beads! Is the song "Love you like a love song"? - it's the only Selena Gomez song that I can remember from a couple of years back. Thanks so much for playing along at AAA Cards! Jill

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is amazing! I think the necklace is just so pretty. Thanks so much for playing along with our Anything Goes challenge at Uniko this month! Deborah, DT.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gorgeous card, such a unique design. Thanks for joining us at AAA Cards!

    ReplyDelete
  24. An absolutely inspired design! So simple and stunning! Thanks for playing with us at LTSCB!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Stunning CAS beauty and so creative too. Thanks so much for joining in at Uniko. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  26. your string of pearls is stunning, what a gorgeous, elegant card, the little heart charm is so lovely dangling at the end. you deserved to win !!!
    congrats from Germany
    CU hellerlittle

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a lovely card, and a lovely idea x

    ReplyDelete