Followers

Friday, February 12, 2016

Out of my comfort zone

Hello all, a quick post to share a card which was made just a few mins back.
For this one, I stepped out of my comfort zone of CAS cards. I am a clean freak, even when it comes to cards, so creating with too many things is just not my way. I often find myself challenged at these mixed media things. But I do dare to try every now and then. I was quite happy to see my last month mixed media creation as a challenge favorite, so I guess subconsciously went for this one ;)

I have used paint sprays here, distress ink - fired brick spray and heidi swapp's gold spray.
I used a cling wrap and sprayed both the paints, and pressed my card against it, I did not add any water spray here today, as I was aiming for rich colors, and no smooshing.
I ended up with a shimmery base, but it shine only when you move around, otherwise it looks reddish.
Once done, I used a left over heart stencil, and sponged some scattered hearts using the fired brick DI, then I used Heidi swapp's mixed media stamp and stamped in vintage photo ink, and then used a gold gel pen and ran around the hearts for a outline. Then I used the chevrons from HLS, and stamped in black. I also added a tiny arrow across each and every heart I sponged.
Once I was happy with the background panel, I trimmed it to fit a black textured base.
Added a  paper tape with hearts, a few shimmery heart stickers as well.
Two heats from a glittery foam in silver, and the sentiment is from Paper Smooches Word die, also used a black glitter foam for this.
 The process:
Paint sprays on the cling wrap
 I ended up with this background.
 The shimmer on the card, when facing the window, towards the light.
 A closer look at the glittery sentiment.

Linking this with:

 Going with the theme and the optional element both


Final entry no.3 here

Hearts & Arrows


 I have used di paints here for the background

Going first row across- love, shimmer, hearts

Going diagonally - red, gold/silver, die cut

Another entry here, very different from my previous one.
FROM THE HEART


Thank you for stopping by, I really appreciate your kind  feedback :) Have a great day!

17 comments:

  1. Stunning background Rahmat! I love when you go out of your comfort zone bcoz it is awesome!! :)
    Suchi xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Another one of your beauties! Thank you so much for playing along Lulupu February Challenge! Hope to see you again! :)
      Suchi-Lulupu DT xx

      Delete
  2. LOVE your background, it is quite beautiful! (need to try this technique--yours is fantastic!) You chose perfect dies and the placement is precise! Love it! Thanks so much for playing along with us at (again) The Mod Squad Challenge Donna, Challenge Host.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I love the way you did the background (thanks for explaining it) - it's so lovely with that mix of colours. Great layering of your stamps on top of it. Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's hard to believe this is out of your comfort zone because this card is absolutely stunning! I am just in awe. I would have never guessed you created your background the way you did. I am so thrilled that you joined us for the Tic-Tac-Toe Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Each of our card surpass the previous one .. superb ..
    Vidushi Saraf
    Peek-a-boo Designs

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH WOOOOWW
    that paint background combine with GOLD is elegant Rahmat
    and you did the best eventhough you went out from your comfort Zone
    yeaaah coool effect and love all on this card

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous, bold creation Rahmat and the shimmer is a wonderful touch! Love that sparkly sentiment.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Happy Little Stampers and I hope you will join us again soon.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh WOW!! I LOVE how you did the background on this. I NEED to try this technique. STUNNING card. Thanks for playing with Stamping Smiles Design Tic-Tac-Toe Challenge!

    Nora Noll
    Design Team Member
    Stamping Smiles Design
    Tic-Tac-Toe Challenge
    #ssdtictactoechallenge

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd say stepping out of your comfort zone is a very good thing, Rahmat! This is absolutely gorgeous! Beautiful colors and shimmer! So happy you could join us at the Mixed Media Card Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow ...What a gorgeous background ! So excited you dare to try and out of your comfort zone, and I am not believe how you did it ! It's awesome!, hope to see you again, and thank you for joining us at Lulupu Challenge !

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another stunner from you, Rahmat. I know what you mean when you said about this one being out of your comfort zone. Been there, felt that. ;) But it's great that you decided to challenge yourself because it turned out amazing.
    Always glad to see you playing along at Lulupu challenges. Good luck. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. you did a great job outside your comfort zone! fab card! thanks for playing along with us at MMCC :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous Bg Rahmat !! Awesome Card !!
    Thanks for joining us @ Peek-a-boo Design Challenge # 3!!
    DT Vijaylaxmi :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your take on this challenge ,Thanks for joining us @ Peek-a-boo Design Challenge # 3!!
    DT Sharada Dilip

    ReplyDelete