Followers

Monday, February 8, 2016

Stitched Mandala Pattern

Hello friends happy Monday to you all. We are on a school and office break for the Chinese new Year, so it feels like a weekend to me. Everyone will go back on next Monday to school and work.

I am sharing this card, which was made 3 days back, and as I don't really blog during weekends, it has been sitting.
I chose a Mandala pattern from printmandala, they offer free printable for coloring. I used fine tip pens for coloring, as the design has very fine line. After coloring I used a shaded yellow embroidery thread to add the stitches. For me piercing holes on this design was more of a work than stitching.
I used HLS - mix mash, circles to stamp the background using squeezed lemonade ink. I added the sentiment on a black strip using white ink.
Forgot to mention that I added some rhine stones for the bling on the mandala.

 The free printable mandala pattern
 This was after coloring , and piercing the holes, I clicked the picture of the back to show how many holes are there.
 Deciding the design elements
 After the stitching
 The dimension is great on the card, this picture is clicked after I assembled the card
  I hope you like this card, a lot of thinking went in here, and I wanted to highlight the mandala here so the background is kept simple. But since it is a Sun Mandala, I wanted to use yellow to show the sunshine.

I am linking this with:

ICR tic-tac-toe Febraury challenge

I had chosen stitching, sentiment and bling, and also the twist - Mandala.

Seize the Birthday
Playing with anything goes


HLS Anything Goes


Thank you for stopping by, I really appreciate your kind  feedback :) Have a great day!

7 comments:

  1. Its absolutely awesomely fantastic!!! Love it!! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a lot of work but the outcome is worth it because it is so precious! Beautiful card Rahmat! :)
    Suchi xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. loving this stitched mandala ..:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!! This design looks amazing!! I can't believe you've stitched this design!! Gorgeous!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifully stitched mandala, Rahmat! You must have a lot of patience, piercing all those holes! Thanks for playing at Seize The Birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you sewing your mandala
    I am not good at sewing
    always Speechless with lady who can sew their card
    your card is funtastic Rahmat
    and I look again your simple craft room
    I think I have too many stuff (not proud) and feel I want to share some old Wood stamp with someone..
    do you know new card maker maybe
    I will send her my OLD OLD not used wood stamp..its about 2 box full :((
    I am only afraid I cant fit with the cartoons I have (before I bought Ikea Cabinet all my stuff are stay in the cartoon :) it was 5 cartoons Rahmat...crazy me )
    I hope kamu suka cerita saya
    saya fikir kamu teman saya yang baik dari itu saya cerita banyak ke kamu ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. loved the card... stiching is intricate and made the card really pop.. loved the colour shcheme u ve chosen..

    ReplyDelete