Followers

Friday, February 19, 2016

Trio of lotuses

Hello peeps, its Friday already, this week went by too fast. Yesterday was a no crafting day. I invited my friends over for lunch, so we girls were busy with that, and talking about different cultures, and clothes. Then the question came around for how to wrap a saree, which is practically a 5 and half meter piece of fabric?? So I used one of my friends as a model, and showed other girls how it is wore....it was a fun day with all 6 of us from different countries (India, US, Philippines, Hong Kong, Macau/Portugal, and Japan). My expat life has given me a privilege to make friends from all over the world in last 13 years :)

A picture of what I cooked for my dear friends.
 The bread rolls and Dosa(Indian crepes) were made on request for my friends. I am mostly a vegetarian, so are most of my friends, so it was a veggie delight!!

Anyways to my card, this one was made 3 days back, I currently have a baklog of cards which need sharing here. I had once again used the lotus stamps from waffle Flower today, and stamped the bud with stalk and colored using the pencils, and also did some sponging using broken china distress ink. The sentiment is from the same set. A few rhine stones to finish off the look.

Linking this with:

STAMPlorations February monthly challenge
Going with the theme only




Addicted to CAS
Another entry here

Tic-Tac-Toe Challenge
Going diagonally - thank you, distress inks, and plants. I have the stalks on the lotus, so making a guess that it qualifies as a plant ;)

Fusion Card Challenge
I have used only the photo here, and used the pink and light blue from the pillow as my color inspiration.

30 day coloring challenge
Another entry here.

Sovushkaslavia sketch #44
Thw three lotuses were chose as per this sketch, but I realize that they are quite bigger than the sketch, but still joining in here.


            Thank you for stopping by, I really appreciate your kind  feedback :) Have a great day!





14 comments:

  1. What beautiful flowers, Rahmat! Love that soft coloring and the blue sponging in the background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh..would have liked to be at that table - being a vegetarian myself, everything looks so delicious on that table!!
    The card- I often have difficulty having strokes in my coloring - I want to but somehow end up without - so yours looks really pretty to me! Awesome, Rahmat! Way to go! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those flowers are just beautifully colored!!
    Lovely card!!
    Thank you for playing along with us at Stamping Smile Designs Tic-Tac-Toe Challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such pretty flowers! I love the sponging in the background, great use of the inspiration colors! Thanks for joining us at the Fusion Card Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifully colored flowers. Lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I want to come to your place for dinner! That looks delicious! Your card is super pretty. Thanks for joining us at Fusion!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rahmat, the foood...oh boy!!!! Gorgeous inking and lovely florals!!! BEAUTIFUL!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful coloring with your pencils, and I love your design, Rahmat! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at Addicted to CAS!
    I hope you had a lot of fun with your friends...everything looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yummy!! I want to come have dinner at your house!! Your card is lovely. I like the way you stamped and colored those lovely flowers. Really fabulous design. Thank you for playing with Stamping Smiles Design Tic-Tac-Toe Challenge!!

    Nora Noll
    Stamping Smiles Design
    Tic-Tac-Toe Challenge
    Design Team Member
    #ssdtictactoechallenge

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice coloring! Thank you for sharing at ATCAS!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning, love your coloring! And when can I come over for dinner? ;) Looks yummy! Thanks for joining us at Fusion!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous flowers Rahmat. The food looks yummy too. When I lived in West Yorkshire I used to see the fabulous sari fabrics filling the shop windows on my way to work, so beautiful.
    Thanks for linking up at STAMPlortions. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautifully colored lotus blooms! Thanks for playing along at STAMPlorations!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful thank you card. Such pretty coloring. Love your lotus flowers.
    Tracie Pond
    Stamping Smiles Designs
    Tic-Tac-Toe Challenge
    #ssdtictactoechallenge
    Design Team Member

    ReplyDelete