Followers

Thursday, February 4, 2016

xin nian kuai le - Happy Chinese New Year

Hello friends, I am up with 2 cards today, I just finished making these. Chinese new year is in just 2 days time, and I wanted to make cards for kids Mandarin(Chinese language) teacher and tutor.
I had printed the sentiment for both the cards, as I don't have any mandarin stamp sets, maybe I should look around next time in the stationary store, or should get one custom made.

Today I had to ditch my favorite white card stock, as Chinese people don't like white, it is considered inauspicious, I might have to make the envelopes as well!!
 I chose a red textured card stock and printed the sentiment in black, I didn't use Mandarin to write but chose Pinyin - Chinese writing and reading in English.

For the first card, I chose a brown base to match the cherry blossom branch. I doodled the branch myself and added the cherry blossoms, as you can make out that these are stickers!! I bought these in my local stationary store, I think it looks ok, and for the buds I used my pink acrylic marker, and added the dots on the branches.
That's it. The sentiment on this translates to - wish you prosperity.

 Linking this one with:

My crafting stories
Anything goes - a simple entry here

CAS(E) this Sketch
I am hoping my branches and the placement of the sentiment will count in as a fit here.

----------------------------------

For my second card, I used a bamboo stencil, which I bought in India last summer. I traced the bamboo using the Versamark embossing pen, and heat embossed the image using gold glittered embossing powder. Here the sentiment translates to - Happy New Year. It is a one layer card, and I just didn't feel the need to add anything else on it.


Linking this with:

Addicted to CAS
A simple one layer here

CASology
Playing with glittered embossing powder and hoping the plain red will count as a open space.

The Male Room
An oriental entry here

Thank you for stopping by, I really appreciate your kind  feedback :) Have a great day!

12 comments:

  1. Really lovely cards, Rahmat! I think I liked the ones with the cherry blossoms on it more - beautiful stickers (actually I didn't figure out that they were stickers!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful cards! First one stole my heart! :)
    Suchi xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards.. love the cherry blossom card..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two gorgeous cards, Rahmat! Your cherry blossom is beautiful, and your bamboo is amazing! I love that you used your Versamark pen with your stencil...so clever and a truly stunning result!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty cards! Thank you for sharing at ATCAS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simply beautiful, a gorgeous CAS card. Thank you for joining us at TMR.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Both these cards are super. I really like the bamboo one - perfectly CAS with a bit of sparkle. Thanks so much for playing along with our Oriental theme at The Male Room! Deborah, DT.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both cards are simply beautiful! The red is definitely exciting and I had no idea about the "no white" tradition. Thanks for teaching and sharing at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, these are both so pretty, Rahmat! I learned something new about Chinese & white! I had no idea!!!
    Thanks so much for joining us again over at CASology! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh dear that one with flower really feminin
    lovely sticker and the sentiment is perfecto
    the one with bamboo and gold
    really like chines new year envelope
    I knew some chinese friends in Indonesia they put money inside the red and gold envelope
    perfect card both Rahmat

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Chinese New Year..
    I also celebrate it :)
    Your card is stunning, love the flowers on your card.

    Thanks for sharing at My Crafting Stories #2, and good luck.

    Hugs,
    Merlina
    http://mycraftingstories.blogspot.co.id/2016/02/challenge-2-anything-goes-dt-call.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your card for The male Room. The gold embossed bamboo looks amazing on the red background. Well done with the translated greeting too. Thanks for joining us this week for our Oriental challenge
    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete